Cooler Master Choiix Air Through Stash Notebook CoolerDec 20th, 2009 | By Jared
The Air Through Stash comes packaged in a clear plastic shell with an insert that has the product name along with the features and specifications. The packaging gives you a pretty clear view of the product inside.
Accessories included are a USB Y cable, instruction manual and 4 anti skid feet.
The Air Through Stash is simple and clean design with a single 80mm fan situated in the center. There are four rubber feet on the bottom to prevent the cooling pad from moving.
There is a cover that once removed reveals the 2.5 HD bay. This is one feature that I’m surprised I haven’t seen before but it makes sense to include with a laptop cooler. A simple and easy way to increase the storage space of your laptop is definitely a plus and this feature eliminates the need to also carry a separate portable hard drive case.
On the right side is an on/off power button along with a power/data LED. Note that this button only controls power to the fan and not to the hard drive bay. On the back are three USB ports (which essentially gives you one extra after two are taken on your laptop), a mini USB for powering the Air Through Stash and there is also an AC to DC power input but no power adapter is included for this.
Next I grabbed the features and specifications for the Air Through Stash straight from Cooler Master’s product page here.
* Compatible with up to 15″ Notebook Computers.
* Center silent 8 cm fan for efficient cooling.
* Compatible with up to 500G 2.5″ SATA II HDD & SATA II SSD.
* Innovative, convenient, and inexpensive way to expand your notebook HDD storage capacity.
* Integrated 3 port USB HUB for expanded connectivity.
* Power On/Off and data transfer LED indicator.
* Powered directly from notebook USB port.
* Hot-swappable and Plug and Play compatible – no driver installation necessary.