Plextor PX-B940SA Internal 12X BD WriterJan 20th, 2010 | By Simon
The PX-B940SA product page is available here for more information on the drive but the key information is reprinted below.
The PX-B940SA internal 12X BD Writer is the fastest Blu-ray writing speed available in the market today. It provides you with a convenient solution for Blu-ray playback, while simultaneously offering increased storage capacity with BD writing capabilities.
The PX-B940SA can store up to 50GB of data on a single double-layer BD disc, equivalent to 9 hours High-Definition (HD) video or 23 hours of standard definition video. It is capable of recording and playing back today’s most popular media formats including Blu-ray, DVD, and CD. It writes up to 12X BD-R DL/SL, 2X BD-RE; reads & writes up to 16X DVD+R/-R, 8X DVD+RW, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+/-R DL, 5X DVD-RAM, 40X CD-R and 24X CD-RW.
Bundled with CyberLink’s TrueTheater HD technology, you can easily boost DVD video and audio quality to achieve HD-like results and smoother playback. The software turns standard content into HD-quality images, by up-scaling video resolution from 480p to 1080p. You can now enjoy high definition movies on your PC-based home theater.
The Latest Technology
- Supports Blu-ray Disc writing speed up to 12X
- Stores up to 50GB on a double-layer BD disc, or 25GB on a single-layer BD disc
- Stores up to 9 hours High-Definition (HD) or 23 hours of standard definition video on a single double-layer BD disc
- Converts standard definition DVD content to high definition quality images with TrueTheater technology
Reliability and Robustness
- Low Vibration mechanism design improves overall writing accuracy
- Supports a wide array of BD, DVD, and CD archive and playback
- SATA interface for better performance & compatibility
Creative & Fun
- Comprehensive Cyberlink BD Suite software included – authoring and burning, data archiving, disc playback, slideshow creation, video editing, and more
- Enjoy picture-perfect quality and digital surround sound on your PC-based home-theater system